Saturday, December 08, 2007

Brother's Wacky Wedding.

This dream happened the night before I found out I was pregnant. I was at my brother's wedding which was held at my old Junior High School, apparently. I would like to preface this by saying one of the regular happenings in my dreams is that my life is a musical or a bit Bollywood-ish. Everything is a big show. So... back to the dream.

I walked into the gym and was searching for my parents to tell them I was going to marry Mark because I was pregnant (in awake life I'm married, to Marc-O and at this time didn't know, but had a suspicion, that I was pregnant). I walked all around looking for them and finally went through the back of the stage and when I came out the other side there were bouncers standing at the door that wouldn't let me pass by into the gym because the bride and groom were about to have their first dance as husband and wife. (I guess I missed the ceremony).

So this crazy dance music starts and all 10 of her bridesmaids come running out from behind a curtain and kind of do a run-and-slide-across-the-floor-on-your-knees thing and fling their arms up in the air. Big smiles! I noticed that one of the twins (Allie or Abbie) my brother went to school with was a bridesmaid and she was wearing a really pretty red gown. They all had different colored gowns on but the red one stuck out for some reason. I thought to myself, as the maids held their pose, WOW Jill (my brother's wife) must have really had to search hard to find so many bridesmaids that were good dancers.

The music continued and out walked my brother in his tuxedo. Bridesmaids still holding their position on the floor, arms flung in the air. Then the spotlight hits the giant door and this gi-normous woman walks out in this huge long wedding gown. That can't be Jill! She's a short stuff!

That's when the dancing men came out (presumably groomsmen) and grabbed the hem of the dress and started spinning Jill around and around. As they did so the dress came unraveled to reveal that she was standing on stilts! It WAS Jill! YAY!!!!! She was wearing long silk red pants that covered the stilts but you could still see she was balancing on them. The girl had skill, dancing on those things.

Then I woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams are like photographs. Unless I'm in it, I don't care about it.

Anonymous said...

oh you were in the dream... you were one of the dancing groomsmen.